Chocolate, Coffee, and CBD in their most raw and natural forms highlights a vast array of potential health benefits that contribute to their popularity world wide. For centuries, people have consumed and used these ingredients for simple indulgences as well as for natural medicinal healing of the mind, body, and soul. When these three are combined it can create a powerhouse of potential benefits for the body, and it tastes delicious as well!
There has been a recent increase and interest in CBD infused foods. Since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, many culinary establishments have been utilizing CBD in food in order to enhance the flavor profile as well as adding potential health benefits to a dish. Hemp derived CBD in it's most natural form possesses an earthy flavor that compliments many savory and sweet dishes.
Research suggests that there are particular foods that allow for better CBD absorption in the body. Fatty foods which contain high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids such as nuts (walnuts, almonds, and pistachios) may provide a great conduit for CBD absorption. Cooking with healthy oils like extra virgin olive oil, sesame, coconut, and MCT can offer a great way to consume CBD. Studies show that the level of absorption varies depending on the amount of consumption and foods used. It is also noted, that taking CBD with food increases bioavailabity (percentage of CBD actually absorbed) versus taking it on an empty stomach.
There is scientific evidence that suggests Chocolate (derived from Cacao) contains a molecule that provides a heightened sense of euphoria. This molecule is an endocannabinoid called Anandamide (AEA), also known as the bliss molecule. The compound occurs naturally in both Chocolate and CBD hemp. Anandamide interferes with a bliss-blocking enzyme called fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH). Chocolate and CBD serves as a catalyst for AEA, removing FAAH's bliss-blocking abilities and allowing Anandamide to potentially relieve stress, anxiety, and fear in the body.
To experience the bliss molecule and the euphoria that CBD and Chocolate has to offer, check out our Active CBD Dark Chocolate Bar. It contains 300 mg per bar and 15 mg per piece, making it a delectable option to satisfy a sweet tooth and receive the potential health benefits of CBD.
One study suggests that as many as 64% of Americans consume caffeine everyday. Caffeine in the form of coffee may offer potential health benefits. Research suggests that it is a great antioxidant, liver detoxifier and improves cognitive brain function. Combining Coffee and CBD may promote a powerhouse of benefits such as increasing in energy while decreasing anxiety, antioxidant boosters, and increase in brain cognition.
Discover CBD offers our own a delicious blend of CBD infused ground coffee that is medium roast and a perfect way to get that daily dose of caffeine, as well as of CBD. This product comes in 125 mg and 300 mg packaging.
Want to experience this powerhouse blend of ingredients as a trio? We have a CBD Bliss Brownie recipe that does just that. Here's what you'll need to get started:
CBD Bliss Brownie Recipe
3/4 (80g) Oat Flour (gluten free)
2 Tbs Tapioca Flour
4 Tbs (30g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
1/4 C (70g) Active CBD Dark Chocolate Bar (chopped fine)
1/2 C (110g) Active CBD Infused Coffee (freshly brewed)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 C (70g) Almond Butter (room temperature)
2/3 C (155g) Cane Sugar
1/2 C (100g) Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, measure in the oat flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to distribute the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the chopped dark chocolate. Pour the hot espresso over the chocolate, leaving it to set for one minute. Whisk to incorporate and melt the chocolate, then add the vanilla extract, almond butter, and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- To the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients. Whisk vigorously for one minute so no clumps remain. Set aside.
- Position the oven rack in the center and preheat to 350F (180C). Use pan spray or melted coconut oil to lightly grease an 8' square baking pan. Line pan with two crisscrossed pieces of parchment paper cut to size so that the paper lines the walls. Lightly spray or oil the surface and sides of the parchment. Set aside.
- Once the oven is preheated, mix the chocolate chips into the brownie batter - the batter will be very thick. Spoon the batter into the pan and spread it evenly in pan. The layer will be thin.
Want Fudgy brownies?
Let the brownie mixture bake for 18-19 minutes. Pull from oven at the 18 minute mark and let rest for at least an 1 hour or more. The longer you let them rest the more solid and fudgy they will become.
Want Cakey Brownies?
Bake the brownie mixture for 21-22 minutes. Pull from the oven at 22 minute mark and let rest for at least 1 hour or more. The longer they rest the more cakey and chewy they become.
Serve these beautiful CBD Bliss Brownies with a fresh brew of coffee, tea, milk, or even ice cream.