With the first month of the year coming to a close, some of us are feeling disappointed that we've already given up on our goals for the New Year. Between trying to balance a full-time job, taking care of family, and getting enough sleep - it can feel like there's just not enough time to care about ourselves or our health. Sometimes it seems like there's hardly enough time to eat, let alone make healthy choices. Who knows... maybe this isn't you at all. Maybe you're still going strong and haven't even felt like slowing down. But just in case you need a slice of inspiration, we wanted to share some tips and tricks for staying active and healthy.
Did you know that physical activity can reduce your risk of developing serious diseases? Exercise can help not only your body, but your mind as well simply by reducing stress, lifting moods, and even aiding in sleep. Here are a few easy ways to get exercise throughout your day:
- Is the place you go for lunch right down the street? Walk there.
- Have you been meaning to clean your tub? Make the chore count; Don't clean leisurely.
- If you're out running errands, choose a parking spot farther away from the entrance. You are able to sneak in some exercise - and the closer spot is now available for someone who might really need it.
- Stretching counts too! It's easy to sink into your couch while watching TV, try doing stretches and minor exercises while watching or even during commercials.
- Walk walk walk.
- Do you find yourself on the phone for long periods of time? Pace while you talk! Sure, you might look silly - but you will typically sound more alert and of course, you sneak in those steps without even counting.
- Make physical activity a fun family routine! If your children, or even your adult friends are able to see you being active - it might become contagious!
- Crackers & Hummus
- Apples & Peanut Butter
- Strawberries & hazelnut spread
- Turkey-wrapped celery
- Almonds & Cheese
Of course, getting exercise and eating properly is much easier said than done. Most of us want to make a change, but have a hard time finding motivation to do anything about it. After wallowing in our disappointment for a while, we came up with a few ways to break those mental barriers:
- Make smaller & attainable goals. You will not achieve your end-goals overnight, and getting impatient with yourself can feel similar to failure. If you make progress daily, you should be proud of yourself.
- Reward yourself! This one can get tricky. Try to avoid getting in the habit of rewarding yourself with things you're trying to cut out of your life. Things like watching an episode of a favorite show, going to your favorite overlook, or letting yourself buy a new blouse are easy ways to commend yourself on good behavior without sending your brain mixed signals. Of course, if you want to avoid spending extra money or watching TV - you'll have to get a little more creative with your rewards.
- Surround yourself with positive people and positive information. You're a product of your surroundings - so choose wisely!
- Be patient. Nothing in nature is constantly in bloom; you shouldn't have to be either.
These tips & tricks helped us come out of our caves and boldly love ourselves and our bodies - we hope it can help you too!
Do you have questions about getting active and being healthy? We would love to help! Don't hesitate to reach us at info@discoverCBD.com or give us a call directly at 719-358-7553.