“Eat your Vegetables or you won’t get any dessert!”
So many studies are being done showing the benefits of CBD with many different ailments. We have many customers depending on CBD for relief, but is there anything you can do to ensure you get healthy and stay healthy? I know you have probably heard this speech since you were little, but seriously, there is so many benefits of eating fruits and vegetables daily. Fruits and veggies have been shown to be a great source of carbohydrates which can aid in disease prevention. They also aid in lowering blood pressure, reducing risk of heart disease/stroke, cancer prevention, and even aids in digestive issues thanks to all the fiber. Your entire body, from the top of your head to your wiggling toes, can be benefited by a simple change in your daily eating habits. Don’t forget about the low calories and fat content.
Benefits of eating Fruits and Veggies Daily
Now you know, fruits and vegetables are essential in a healthy diet. You know that your daily life can be affected for the better by simply eating healthier foods. But which ones are going to benefit you the most? Let’s check out some of some benefits of more popular fruits and Veggies!
Vegetables are a great source of calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and many vitamins. They also have many antioxidants that help fight disease and boost the immune system. Most veggies will aid in digestion and IBS.
- Cauliflower is great for asthma, kidney disorder, diabetes and certain cancers.
- Cabbage reduces body fat, but should not be eaten if you have a thyroid condition.
- Fennel “soothes” minor pain, cramps and muscle spasms.
- Artichokes contain large amounts of Folic Acid, which is great for the preconception period and for a mother-to-be! It can also benefit Alzheimer’s disease.
- Rhubarb also can help treat Alzheimer’s disease.
- Carrots contain beta-carotene, which is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants.
- Lima beans have been found to aid in Breast Cancer.
Fruit, in my opinion, is definitely easier to eat and work into a healthy diet than vegetables. I had no idea my favorite fruit-based snacks were helping so much in my daily life. They have a lot of the same qualities as veggies, like the antioxidants and vitamins. However, the taste of most fruits is what sets them apart from the veggies.
- Acai berry and avocado contains many polyphenolic anthocyanin compounds which have been claimed to act as anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer functions by their free radical fighting actions. They also contain tannins, which has anti-infective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-hemorrhagic (ulcer) properties. It can even aid controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Cranberries have potential health benefits against cancer, aging and neurological diseases, inflammation, diabetes, & bacterial infections. May also strengthen the heart and circulatory system.
- Goji berries have certain flavonoids such as, quercetin, kaempferol, myricetin, hesperidin, and rutin. They act as antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer agents. Also contains Zeaxanthin which protects against age-related macular disease. (ARMD)
- Grapefruit contains “Pectin” which can reduce blood cholesterol levels. Also helps with regulating heart and blood pressure. Lycopene, also found in grapefruits is rich in powerful flavonoid antioxidants, studies show that lycopene protects skin from dangerous UV rays, and offers protection against prostate cancer.
- Lemons aid digestion and help dissolve kidney stones and cleanse the liver.
- Oranges help with sinus and respiratory issues.
- Currants purify blood and reduce anemia.
- Apples prevent depression and reduce anxiety by improving overall wellness.
- Pineapple burns fat.
- Blueberries balance blood sugar.
There is an insane amount of benefits from eating fruits and veggies that I simply cannot list them all in this article. (I mean, I could, but we would be here all day!) So here are some fun facts that I learned while doing some research myself. However, this still barely touches on the crazy amount of benefits from your fruits and veggies.
Fun Fruit Facts
- In the 1950’s, a disease wiped out most of the Bananas in the world. Which lead to banana cloning. That’s right! The banana you had for lunch is a descendent of one single banana, and is genetically exactly the same as other Cavendish Bananas.
- Puree bananas or avocado can be mixed with ice cream, shakes and fruit juice.
- “Blue-Fruits” generally have greater health benefits. These fruits are the most potent antioxidants and can help the most with cancer protection, aging and infection.
- Consumption of dried fruits daily enhances overall bioavailability of nutrients.
- Fruits like star-fruit and grapefruit can have an effect when taking certain prescription drugs. Talk to your Doctor if consuming large amounts of these fruits while taking prescribed medication.
- Acai berries are high in calories, so they give immediate strength and stamina. However, keep this in mind if trying to lose weight.
Even Better Veggie Facts
- Broccoli and pumpkin seeds contain a large amount of protein.
- Cucumber skin can erase ink mistakes on paper.
- In the 1890’s the US supreme court named the tomato as a vegetable for taxation purposes. It has confused people since. It is also a member of the Nightshade family.
- Many believe that having an eggplant heavy diet can lead to madness!
- You can starve to death on a diet of only celery.
Changing up your diet can greatly benefit you in your future. However, everything, as always, should be done in moderation. Keep in touch with your health care professional. Make sure you are giving your body the best opportunity for the CBD to benefit you to the fullest ability!
Have an interesting fact about a Fruit or Veggie you use daily or some know of some health benefits? Share your knowledge with us! Do you have a question or comment about CBD? Let us know, and we will respond right away. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter and visit our website DiscoverCBD.com regularly for the latest updates on research, legislation, and other news impacting you and cannabidiol.