CBD Infused Horchata!
With Cinco de Mayo approaching, what better excuse is there to throw a party for your friends and family? There isn't one! We all know tequila (or as I like to call it Te-Kill-Ya), and tacos is a must have, but what about some made-from-scratch Mexican Horchata infused with CBD? Almost every family function will have underage guests or guests who just prefer to avoid alcohol. This is a sure way to make certain everyone has a drink they can enjoy on this festive holiday!
Makes 4 (10mg) Servings
What You'll Need:
- 1 Cup Rinsed Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 4 Cups Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Cinnamon Sticks (For Stirring)
- 1 Bottle Active CBD Oil Extra Strength 300mg Unflavored Tincture (Water Soluble)
- Cheesecloth (for straining)
- In a blender, combine the rice and water. Blend for about 1 minute or until the rice is broken up a bit. Let this sit overnight at room temperature or for at least 6 hours.
- Pour this mixture over cheesecloth (to strain) and into a pitcher. Toss leftover rice.
- Add in your milk, vanilla, almond, cinnamon, and sugar. Add 1ml (1 dropper full) of your Active CBD Oil tincture per serving, for this recipe it would be 4ml, or 4 dropper fulls. Mix well and then chill until ready to serve!
- Pour over ice and add a cinnamon stick to stir (optional).
Our water soluble tinctures are perfect for adding to beverages as they will evenly disperse into the drink and not separate like an oil based product would. They will also make the CBD much more bio-available to your body compared to oil based products. Most adults are starting at about 5-20mg of CBD once, to a few times a day, and then increasing this dose if needed. So 10mg in each beverage is a pleasant medium! One dropper full of our 300mg tinctures will yield about 10mg of CBD. So one dropper full (1ml) per beverage would be a good start. You can always increase the dose if desired!