Be sure to try these healthy no bake squares with CBD infused olive oil based Tahini. This naturally sweet nutritious snack with no added sugar should be a great treat to take along with you the next time you visit the hike and bike trail!
• 1 cup pitted dates
• 1/4 cup olive oil
(may need to add additional oil to make completely smooth tahini)
• 1/2 cup full ground oats
• 1 cup sesame seeds
• 1 g 99% CBD Isolate (total amount added will vary depending on desired dose)
- Double Boiler – a metal bowl and a pot of boiling water
- Parchment lined baking pan
Step 1 – Infuse Olive oil
- First you will need to decide how much of a dose of CBD you would like your batch to be infused with. For example, adding a 1/4 gram of isolate will make your entire batch about 250mg.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- After your water is boiling add olive oil to metal bowl
- Place metal bowl over boiling water.
- Add in Active CBD 99% Isolate.
- Let isolate simmer in oil for 5-10 minutes
Step 2 – Roast sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread sesame seeds onto a small baking sheet.
Bake sesame seeds 10 to 15 mins. Stir seeds around few times. They will be done when they are light brown in color and fragrant. Watch your oven very closely and make sure that the sesame seeds do not burn.
Step 3 – Blend Tahini
Combine sesame seeds and CBD infused olive oil into a blender. Blend until completely incorporated. Tahini mixture should be very smooth in texture. You may need to add a bit of additional olive oil to make the mixture completely smooth. Once blended, transfer Tahini to a separate container.
Step 4 – Combine remaining ingredients to blender and blend into a paste
Add dates, oats, and a pinch of salt to your blender. Begin to blend ingredients together into a paste. Slowly add CBD infused Tahini to the blender until the mixture is a very fluffy smooth mixture with no clumps. Be sure to use a spatula to scrape anything off of the sides of the blender and incorporate everything into the mixture.
Step 5 – Refrigerate to set and slice into squares
Slowly scrape mixture from blender with a spatula onto a parchment paper lined baking pan. Scrape side of blender to remove all of the mixture. Smooth out into a uniform thickness. Refrigerate for 30 - 45 mins to set. Cut into squares. Serve chilled. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think of this recipe and please check out the rest of our blog for more recipes and exciting information about CBD.
Do you have a question or comment about CBD? Let us know, and we will respond right away. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter and visit our website DiscoverCBD.com regularly for the latest updates on research, legislation, and other news impacting you and cannabidiol.