Infused CBD Pueblo Green Chicken Chili
Are you sick of making infused cookies and small portioned edibles? Me too! Finally, here is a hearty infusion recipe that should only be attempted by those who are not afraid to make a big meal. Of course, we have to add a little local flavor from Pueblo, Colorado.This lovely town south of Colorado Springs is the home of the best grown green chilis! The hot summers and long days make for perfect chili growing conditions. Here is a great and simple recipe for green chili lovers or any hearty eater! If you need to know how to infuse your CBD oil, please follow this link to our "Adding Isolate to a larger base" page.
Even if you don’t eat chicken, this recipe is can be adapted to fit everyone. You can easily change out the chicken with other meat such as turkey, sausage, or even something like tofu, tempeh, or a meat substitute!
If this has you thinking, "Where do I start?!", then here’s what you're going to need!
1 rotisserie chicken (or your favorite flavored chicken breast)
1 tablespoon oil (non-infused so you don’t waste product--but who am I to tell you what to do!?)
4-5 diced potatos
4 cups chopped kale, (optional) *could substitute cabbage*
Approx. 2 lbs. of kidney beans
Approx. 5oz of chopped green chili (1 can is 4.5oz) If 5oz of green chili just is not enough for you, the recipe allows for room for experimenting 😊!)
1-2 tablespoon garlic
½-1 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 Teaspoon Salt and Pepper (*Pinch)
3 cups chicken ctock
¼ - ½ cup CBD infused coconut oil, vegetable oil, honey or butter (How much you are dosing with CBD isolate is up to you! Just remember, you are making a big meal!)
- In a medium saucepan, brown the onions and garlic in tablespoon of non-infused oil or butter.
- In a large stock pot, add all of the ingredients, except the CBD infused oil.
- Bring entire mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat and cover.
- Cook chili down to your desired thickness. We suggest around 25-30 minutes.
- Be sure to stir well every few minutes while chili is cooking down.
- When your chili has reached desired consistency, remove from heat and stir in your Infused CBD oil.
- Let cool and you are ready to eat your CBD Green Chili!
Like this recipe? Check out the others we have already up on our website! Have ideas of your own? Let us know!
Do you have a question or comment about CBD? Let us know, and we will respond right away. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter and visit our website DiscoverCBD.com regularly for the latest updates on research, legislation, and other news impacting you and cannabidiol.