Thanksgiving is nearly here and one of the most important aspects of the holiday is nailing the food preparation. Traditional dishes include everything from turkey and ham, to sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. If you are looking for a twist on tradition, consider infusing a few of your dishes with Active CBD Oil.
One of the easiest and best ways to incorporate CBD oil is into sauces and gravies. This is because the oil distributes evenly in the liquid and the CBD is not heated to a high boiling point which would cause it to break down.
Here are some CBD recipe ideas that are festive and a little more unique!
Lemon Herb Injectable CBD Infused Marinade for Turkey:
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper more if you like things spicy
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried celery seed
- 1/2 cup CBD infused olive oil (learn how to make yours here)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In an electric spice mill or coffee grinder finely grind together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, bay leaves, thyme, sage, and celery seed until mixture is a fine powder.
- Combine finely ground seasonings with remaining ingredients in a small bowl or food processor.
- Process or whisk together until well combined and emulsified.
- Fill a meat injector syringe with the marinade to inject the meat with flavor and CBD about 4 hours prior to deep frying or roasting the turkey
CBD Apple Cider:
- 4-5 green Granny Smith apples—cut into quarters with peel and seeds intact
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2-4 drops Active CBD Oil 300mg water soluble tincture
- Place the apples in a pot and cover them with water.
- Stir in the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, Allspice, and nutmeg.
- Boil on high for an hour. Keep the pot uncovered and check on the mixture frequently.
- Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer on a low heat for another two hours.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Mash the apples until a pulp is formed.
- Strain the mixture allowing the liquid to drain into a bowl.
- Put the remaining pulp in a piece of cheesecloth. Squeeze it until there is no more juice.
- Add Active CBD Oil and serve.
Mini CBD Infused Shortbread Apple Pies:
- A peeled and finely diced apple
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ a teaspoon each of vanilla extract, almond extract, and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon each of gluten-free flour and Ras el Hanout spice
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ a lemon juiced and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add all the ingredients except for half of the lemon zest, the flour, and the maple syrup.
- Cook until the mixture is soft and a thick liquid consistency. This should take 10-15 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, remaining lemon zest, and flour. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of almond slices
- 2½ tablespoons of soft butter
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract
- Approximately 7ml of Active CBD Oil 300mg water soluble tincture
- Mix the ingredients by hand in a bowl.
- Divide the pastry into 8 balls
- Place the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Flatten the balls into ½-inch discs.
- Place into a preheated oven (350°F/180°C). Bake for 8 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Use the back of a spoon to make a well in the middle of each disc. Work quickly while the pastry is still soft
- Spoon the apple mixture into the wells.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes and serve.
CBD Infused Mashed Potatoes:
- 5 pounds of potatoes
- 2 (3oz) packages cream cheese
- ¼ cup CBD infused butter (to learn how to infuse CBD isolate in a base click here.)
- ¼ cup regular butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary (optional)
- Ground white pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, and mash.
- While potatoes are still warm, in a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, CBD infused butter, milk, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Sprinkle fresh rosemary on top. Serve and enjoy!