If you suffer from psoriasis, chances are you’ve already tried just about every cream, lotion, pill, and spray on the market to relieve your symptoms. They might help a little, but you still seem to be itching and flaking your way through life every day.
Whether it’s red patches, bumps, or even full out lesions, psoriasis can be a pain. Figuratively and literally. Whether you have a mild a case or something more severe, suffering through your day should never be the answer.
Have you ever considered trying CBD before? Had a friend that’s raved and raved? If you’ve tried everything else with no luck, why not, right? It just might be more help than you thought.
Now, I’m not going to claim that CBD can cure your psoriasis – there’s still no cure, nor do we fully understand the exact cause – but it may well turn out to be the thing that helps you manage the symptoms better than before. What would you do to ease even some of the itching, inflammation, or lesions?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, one of 85 natural substances found in the cannabis plant has been found to have astounding anti-inflammatory properties. Similar to hemp oil, another common homeopathic psoriasis treatment, CBD will not get you high as it does not contain THC, the intoxicating substance that gets recreational users “stoned.”
Many don’t know, but there are inherent cannabinoid receptors throughout your body – including in your skin – and it’s quite possible that CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties can be extremely effective against psoriasis (and it's evil sibling, psoriatic arthritis).
Early studies are showing positive results regarding the possibility of using cannabinoids, including CBD, to treat a variety of skin diseases. Several other studies have also been positive and found phytocannabinoids may play a significant role in topical skin treatments for psoriasis.
You can find a lot of personal reports out there from psoriasis sufferers who have tried CBD themselves. Most found that it eased their symptoms quite quickly and without any severe side effects.
Here’s a small sampling of what’s out there when it comes to CBD and psoriasis:
(I’m paraphrasing here)
- Disenchantment: Many people that are turning to CBD are disenchanted with the conventional pharmaceuticals, self-injection methods, and steroid creams. They’ve been through the ringer. Then, “so and so” got them to try a CBD cream and VOILA!, instant results of varying degrees.
- Thinning: Among the many other side effects of conventional treatments, the one that seems to come up the most often is the “thinning of skin” over time, which can lead to even further skin weakness and damaged cells. CBD oils – ointments, creams, etc. – even if they don’t work how you had hoped, do not cause this.
- Miraculous: By miraculous I mean that if you surf around the Internet, you’ll encounter many people claiming near-immediate positive results. Usually after years of seeing no results, or minimal results, from orthodox treatments.
- Varied: While some people saw their psoriasis completely vanish, many others experienced different levels of improvement. For example, inflammation and itching go away, but not the psoriasis altogether.
- Weakness: For those who experiment with homemade CBD creams, the biggest piece of advice they give people is, “if your cream doesn’t seem to be working, it’s likely due to the fact that it has a weak CBD concentration. Try a stronger CBD oil.”
- Symptoms: 80% of the people you’ll read from will claim to have seen an improvement in psoriasis symptoms as a result of experimenting with CBD oils: flaking, redness, itching, soreness, bleeding, etc.
- Intake: Some people see positive effects from smoking CBD, while others use topical creams or salves. There’s even the option of pilled supplements or shampoos and conditioners.
Yes, you’ll encounter folks claiming they saw no improvement at all, but they seem to be the minority (and are generally the ones that came up with their own “miracle” herbal remedy, too).
Even if you decide to go for it, though, and give CBD a shot at treating your psoriasis, where do you start? Do you have to make it yourself? There are a zillion different amateur recipes out there, so how do you know what’s what?
That’s where DiscoverCBD comes in. All of our fully legal, hemp-derived products are guaranteed to be made to the highest standards. No guess work at home. No questioning whether it’s legal. Just order your CBD needs whenever they come up and have them shipped directly to your door.
Have a story to share? Questions about CBD? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll respond right away. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletters and visit our website DiscoverCBD.com regularly for the latest updates, research, legislation and other news about cannabidiol.
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog! To get your very own Active CBD products, come into any one of our Discover CBD stores, on the web at discovercbd.com, facebook, or by simply calling us at, 719-358-7553 to place an order!